Information for Tourism Partners
Updated 3/23/2020 at 11:15am
The Charlevoix Convention and Visitors Bureau’s (CVB) is closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as the situation continues to evolve. We are staying in close contact with multiple entities, including the Health Department of Northwest Michigan, City of Charlevoix and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation.
The Charlevoix Convention and Visitors Bureau highly recommends travelers follow protocols directed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Wash hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Cough into your elbow and sneeze into a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash
- Consult with a doctor before traveling when sick
- Stay up-to-date on vaccinations
- Avoid contact with people who are already sick
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Be aware of the latest travel advisories from the CDC and U.S. State Department
Should you find yourself feeling ill while in Charlevoix County, the region is served by these major healthcare providers:
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel to Charlevoix and/or Michigan?
The State of Michigan has issued a stay in place order. Click here to read the full executive order.
Are there any closures of note for visitors to Charlevoix, such as attractions, hotels, restaurants or meeting venues?
Governor Whitmore has issued a stay in place order beginning March 24, 2020 at 12:01am. This issue will be in place for three weeks. Click here to for the full executive order.
Restaurants, gyms, theaters, and casinos are closed at the executive order of the Governor. Some restaurants are will remain open for carryout orders. Click here for a complete list. As is true in every other American city, residents and visitors alike are asked to observe public health recommendations. These universal recommendations include washing your hands, refraining from touching your face and staying home if you’re sick, among others.
The following lodging properties are open with limited amenities per the State of Michigan 'Shelter in Place' order:
- The Charlevoix CVB is committed to staying up-to-date on the latest news and resources. We will share those with you and help prevent the spread of misinformation.
- Continue the CVB’s marketing campaigns in all current markets, including print, digital and social tactics. We will also continue our regular social media messaging while remaining cognizant of changes in conditions.
- We will work with the media to prevent the spread of misinformation as well as to help the media and the public understand the adverse effect this pandemic could have on our tourism industry.
If you have additional questions concerning CVB operations, please don’t hesitate to contact Visit Charlevoix. Call Amanda Wilkin at 231.547.2101 or contact her via email at [email protected]
Additionally, the CDC has a number of handouts available for downloading and printing in multiple languages, including COVID-19 facts, information on stopping the spread of germs, and how to wash your hands. You can access those files here.