The Charlevoix area is home to many fish species as there are a variety of water bodies, including Lake Michigan, Lake Charlevoix, inland lakes, rivers and many streams.
Locals call Lake Michigan The Big Lake for a reason. As the fifth largest lake in the world, Lake Michigan holds a recorded 100 species of fish. Charlevoix is located on the northern portion of Lake Michigan which is pristine and pure enough for the pickiest of anglers. You can fish Lake Michigan from boat or from the pier located at Michigan Beach.
- Nine Mile Point- medium watercraft boat launch on US 31
- South Point- small watercraft boat launch on Lakeshore Dr between Charlevoix Hospital and St Mary's Cement Plant
*Lake Charlevoix boat launches also easily access Lake Michigan
Lake Charlevoix & Round Lake
Lake Charlevoix waters hold numerous fish species as the depth and character of the lake vary greatly from one area to another.
- Ferry Beach- Large watercraft boat launch located on Stover Rd and Ferry Ave
- Ironton- Large watercraft boat launch located on Sweetbriar Ln (M 66 south left on 5th Ave)
Round Lake is Charlevoix's downtown harbor connecting Lake Michigan to Lake Charlevoix. Round Lake offers great fishing during shoulder seasons and quiet times of the day.
Bluegill, Northern Pike, Perch, Crappie, Largemouth Bass, Walleye and Sunfish are commonly found in the smaller inland lakes in and around Charlevoix.
- Susan Lake- medium watercraft boat launch on Shrigley Rd
- Adams Lake- small watercraft boat launch on Pops Rd
- Nowland Lake- small watercraft boat launch on Wickersham Rd/Nowland Lake Trail
A great place for flats style fishing, Beaver Island offers miles of shallow waters bordering the shoreline. Fly fish for large carp by spotting them in the crystal clear water. You can also catch smallmouth bass and other species on Beaver Island.
Near By Inland Lakes
- Walloon Lake- boat launch on M75 and Sumner Rd
- Elk River Chain of Lakes
- Six Mile Lake and Sinclair Lake- two boat launches on Six Mile Lake Rd
- Ellsworth Lake- boat launch on Lake St, Wilson Lake- boat launch on Ruston Rd, Benway Lake- from Wilson Lake, and Hanley Lake
- Intermediate Lake- boat launch on Lake St, Lake Bellaire- boat launch on Fishermans Paradise Rd
- Torch Lake- boat launches on M88, on US 31, in Alden, in Torch River
- Clam Lake- boat launch on Hoy Dewey Dr and from Torch Lake, Lake Skegemog- from Torch Lake, and Elk Lake- boat launch on Elk Lake Dr and from Lake Skegemog
- *Lake Bellaire through Elk Lake connected and accessible for small and medium boats