2 weeks ago
For some reason, this place keeps the rooms set at 85 degrees which is ridiculously high. Ants in room 33 by the front door, on the counter by the stove and in the bathroom. Yes, we told the front desk and were give a can of insect spray to take care of the problem ourselves. The stove didn't work which was a problem because we chose this room based on the fact that we could cook in it. The pots and pans were dirty and I washed them before I even realized the stove didn't work. The cheap dish soap was watered down and only had a teeny amount left in the bottle. The cupboard under the sink had dried, caked on soap all over the shelf too. A bar was broken in the fridge so we couldn't utilize the whole fridge which was also a problem on our 3 night stay. The horn for the drawbridge is loud, but we had to keep the windows open because the room would not cool down. Even after 8 hours with the windows and the door wall open, it was still 78 degrees so sleeping was minimal. Mind you, it was only 35 degrees outside so I couldn't imagine how bad it would have been on a warmer day. Cigarette butts all over our patio too. Will never stay again and would have left if I wasn't there for a wedding.
The only thing I actually enjoyed was the jetted tub after I cleaned it out myself. There were 2 dead flying ants and a spider that took residency in it.